This week marks my 11th month as the CNO of Coliseum Health System and, while I have met many of you, I still see faces I don’t recognize. I want to get to know you all better and for you to have a sense of who I am. I am pleased to be the ‘guest blogger’ this week and throughout the Holiday weekend, so I thought I might start sharing some facts about myself that you wouldn’t otherwise know. I would LOVE to hear about things that are important to you too – tell me about what drives you, why you chose healthcare, or what you want me to know about YOU! I’ll go first:
1. My first career was in Criminal Justice. I have a degree in Police Science and I worked as a 911-Police/Fire/Rescue Dispatcher. I sometimes did buys with the Narcotics team and ATF. It ROCKED!
2. I’ve been a nurse since 1993. I started as a die hard ER nurse, working night shifts on the weekends. I still “bleed ER” 🙂
3. I live my CNO life day to day by making decisions based on one simple question: “Would this care be okay for my Mother”? It keeps me grounded and it is easier to make the right decision.
3. I’ve been playing piano since the age of 4. I started by watching my uncle play blues and jazz and would memorize his key strokes, then would practice until it sounded like he played.
4. I am an animal lover; dogs hold a special place in my heart. I wish I could have a ton of land where I could rescue every dog possible (Mr. Carroll is not on the same page with this).
5. I am blessed to be married to my soulmate of 10 years, Tim Carroll. We kiss on the mouth!
6. I once started a Roller Derby team – we were named “Shake & Bake”! I won’t share how bad the skating was – let’s just say it contributed to the ending of Shake & Bake’s era.
Let’s hear what you have to say!