Keeping with the tradition for the past 9 years, HCA is celebrating National Employee Safety Month with our Annual Children’s Poster Contest. All entries due by Tuesday, June 30, 2015. Below are the highlights of this contest.
Topics for the poster must be one of the following:
- Patient Handling
- Materials Handling
- Entry is open to HCA hospital employees’ children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews between the ages of 5 and 12. There will be two age categories with a winner from each category:
- Ages 5-8
- Ages 9-12
- The poster drawing must relate to employee safety and should illustrate an example of safety at work. Encourage your children to be creative.
- All entries must be no larger than 16″ x 20″. Submittals larger than this will not be included in the corporate judging.
- Only one entry per child should be allowed. Parents/sponsors are limited to verbal assistance only. All drawings must be an individual effort and be free-hand originals. No traced pictures please.
- Each poster submitted must include contestant’s name, age, sponsoring employee name and facility clearly printed on an index card and be attached to the back of the poster to be eligible. Also add the name of the school they attend and their hobbies.
- A panel of independent judges will choose the winners. These judges can be members of the administrative team, members of the Employee Safety Committee or others selected by the Injury Coordinator. Criteria for judging—creativity and how well each poster expresses employee safety.
- The posters should be displayed in each hospital during the month of June to coincide with Hospital Employee Safety Month.
- Each facility should decide how winning entries will be awarded prizes and what prizes will be given.