Unless the storm named Erika changes plans, Pat and I will be traveling on Monday and Tuesday for a Division meeting next week. I hope that this storm spares the HCA facilities in Florida and everyone stays safe. This type of storm is the reason the Hope Fund was established back in 2004 after 3 hurricanes devastated many areas of the state. If you have not donated, I would encourage you to do so by going HERE to make a contribution. All funds directly benefit our HCA colleagues.
There are several deadlines quickly approaching, and I urge you to review your Healthstream account to make sure you are up to date with mandatory training. Our annual Code of Conduct training deadline is October 31st. Michelle Hammock will be offering 2 “live” presentations of the 2015 Code of Conduct on September 9th in the Coliseum Northside 1st Floor Conference Room: 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM.
Your Department Employee Survey action plans are due on
August 31st. I look forward to reviewing the specific items you have identified with your Director to improve our hospital. Thanks for helping make us the employer of choice in Macon.
We need your help! We need to improve our scanning compliance rates in the point of use areas to accurately reflect what we have on hand and to ensure you don’t run out of important items for patient care. Please, please, please scan it before you use it.
This week I rounded with Leslie Hutchinson, Breanna Thomas, Stephanie Torres, Elizabeth Cupp and Lauren Mitchell to check white board completion and hourly rounding. All had perfect rooms! Thanks to the attention to detail and for making sure we communicate well with our patients!
Patient D. M. writes:
- Kim Edwards is bubbly, knowledgeable and patient oriented with a warm personality.
- Auneen Brawley made me feel very comfortable. She was the first CNA to assist me out of bed day after surgery.
- Sherie Moses is very compassionate and concerned about her patient’s welfare. She is friendly and easy to talk to.
- Dinita Bentley is respectful and friendly; always a happy face.
- Joyce Smith and Vickie in Registration are very efficient.
- Sandy Walker in Pre-Op gave me confidence – Upon hearing Sandy’s experiment and great recovery with her knee replacement; it deeply affirmed my confidence and belief in the staff and Dr. Pope.
- Dr. Pope and the CNH surgical staff exemplify why Northside is a TOP NOTCH facility.
Patient T. B. writes:
- Dinita Bentley is my best CNA. She did a great job in helping me get better so I can go home.
Patient T. M. writes:
- Dinita Bentley went above and beyond the call of duty.
Patient R. S. writes:
- Matt Massee – Thanks for the great care during my stay; he also provided great education and he is very professional.
Patient C. P. writes:
- Brittany Vega and Matt Massee are truly wonderful employees.
- Darcell Clayton is truly a sweet natured person. Every person in a hospital wishes to have someone like her.
Patient C. L. writes:
- Thank you to Auneen Brawley for her exceptional care and patient- centered attitude. She seems to be cheerful all of the time and certainly willing to do whatever needs to be done. I felt special under her care.
Patient R. V. writes:
- All of the nurses (day and night) on the 3rd Floor should receive a STAR. Dietary – meals that were prepared and Housekeeping staff was also great.
We continue to lead the Division in Inpatient, Emergency Department and Same Day Surgery for patient experience! Let’s keep that service mentality and focus on the patient!