As I reported last week, both Amy and Pat are back in Administration. Thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding as we shifted meetings and reallocated responsibilities while they were out. We are getting back into our groove and expect you will never know they were gone by next week.
Last weekend I was invited to attend the Bibb County Medical Society picnic representing our hospital. While a little overcast and rainy, it was a great opportunity for me to meet some additional physicians and hear some very positive feedback about our hospital. What we are building here is being noticed by the physicians in Macon and their patients. It was my pleasure to represent you and all that you do for our patients.
Flu Vaccine Update: We have not received our flu vaccine for staff vaccinations. It could arrive any day and once it does, we will need to expedite this process to protect you and our patients. Watch for more updates.
Earlier this week, we hosted a large group of Georgia legislators and local Macon/Bibb officials. At this luncheon, we discussed many of the challenges and opportunities facing our city, state, and nation. We specifically discussed access to mental health, education, and the Georgia certificate of need process. One of the goals was to introduce ourselves to these decision makers, make them aware of our contributions to middle Georgia, and become a resource for them as they tackle important issues and decisions around healthcare. It was a very successful meeting.
The Ethics and Compliance Department periodically conducts a survey of employees to obtain feedback about HCA’s ethics and compliance efforts. The questions include the Code of Conduct, refresher training, and the Ethics Line. It also includes questions about the level of support from facility leadership for our ethics and compliance efforts. We will be undertaking such a survey in the next two months, and you may be receiving a call from the survey organization hired to perform this for us and I encourage your participation.
Heart Walk Update: We are now just 22 days away from the Heart Walk scheduled for October 24th at 8am on the campus of Middle Georgia State University. Here are the fundraisers currently underway or scheduled:
- April Watson/Quality team is doing the Yankee Candle fundraiser until 10/10
- Kim Mancin is working on Silent Auction scheduled for 10/16 11:00-14:30
- Rita Doll- Pharmacy- Next fund raiser is chick-fil-a biscuit sale 10/9
- Jeanne- OR- Next fund raiser is the “Guess the amount of candy in a bowl” starting on 10/2 in the OR.
Rock ‘n Rollman Triathlon: We need nurses to volunteer to work in the medical tent at the upcoming Triathlon/Mini-Tri/5K/Fun-Run on 10.10.15 ( Contact Jody Moroney!) AND We need “Non-nurses” to help out in all kinds of other areas! For example, we need volunteers to help with registration, time keeping, water stations, etc. Email Jennifer Jones (marketing) or Kim Mancin to sign-up!
Our annual hospital inventory process was completed this week. This takes a lot of work from our staff in the clinical areas, supply chain and the accounting department. The staff in all areas did a nice job working together to complete the process. It is not an easy process but it is very important to ensure the integrity of the inventory count as it is stated on our balance sheet. Kudos to all the staff that were involved in this process.
– Heath King
Congratulations to Andrew Dasher on his completion of the BLS Instructor Course. Andrew is now certified as a Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor. This will greatly enhance our ability to provide this training to our staff. Please join me in congratulating him on this accomplishment! Thanks!
Employee Sherry Decker writes:
- I wanted to share with you about what I witnessed last night in the CNH lobby. I met one of the 7p staff members to review their deposition packet and sign off on their deposition. As I was waiting in the lobby for this staff member to read through her deposition, Angela Lintz came through the lobby pushing a patient in a wheelchair to be discharged around 8 pm. What a tremendous Nurse Leader you have on your staff!
Patient LB writes:
- Dinita Bentley gives awesome care and is very kind; she cares about her patients which meant the world to me.
Patient MW writes:
- Everyone was wonderful during my stay and I couldn’t narrow it down to just one person. Nurse Angie Eubanks and CNA Dinita Bentley and Housekeeping Jaimie Young were so wonderful and caring. I appreciate all they have done while I was here.
Patient OH writes:
- I think Dinita Bentley was good help to our family. She was always very attentive to our needs. I recommend Dinita to any family.
Patient RB writes:
- Dinita Bentley, Chris Myers and Rasheeda Steele were so sweet and helpful to my husband why we were here in the hospital.
Patient AP writes:
- Thanks for everything! My family and I appreciate all you have done for me.
Patient BS writes:
- Topaz Spivey – You are wonderful!
Patient BA writes:
- Not only did Matt Massey take care of me, he was also so attentive to my family and their concerns/questions; he was extremely professional with a great sense of humor. Thanks to everyone that helped me and my family.
Patient HY writes:
- To the staff at Coliseum Northside Hospital: Thanks for the professionalism and the kindness shown to me and my wife during our stay at the hospital. We thank you for your kindness shown all the way from our first visit over the phone with office staff, pre-op visit and the staff in the O.R. during and after the surgery. Thanks a lot and may God bless each of you involved.
Patient TW writes:
- To all employees: Everyone was exceptionally caring and helpful. We really appreciate everyone and we were very pleased with the level of care. Thank you very much.
Patient MW writes:
- Thank you everyone, especially Benita Bentley.
Patient DA writes:
- Janet McCormick was great! She too good care of me and my husband, she kept us informed on everything and she helped keep my sanity. This hospital should be proud to have her on the staff.
Patient KY writes:
- Coliseum has the best staff!
Patient JH writes:
- Rasheeda Steele and Martha Johnson are helpful, attentive and always came to my room when needed.
Patient TF writes:
- Martha Johnson, Lizzie Wheeler, Bre’Anna Thomas and Denita Bentley were great!
Patient SB writes:
- Lizzie Wheeler was a delight to work with; she should fulfill her true calling and go back to school to become an RN, she was everything a CNA should be… attentive, pleasant and receptive to her patient’s needs. Also, thank you to the entire staff – you made our stay a very memorable and healing experience.
- Auneen Brawley – we love your spirit.
- Josh Shepard – Thank you for your support, you are good at what you do.
Patient ML’s family writes:
- Our family wants to thank the employees at CNH. We have had a lot of circumstances in our lives that our family has dealt with, serious and devastating situations but never have we been at a hospital that every single nurse and CNA are excellent! From the very first day on Thursday, 7/23/15, we were satisfied with the staff. As a family, we feel all of the staff need a STAR Award. We thank you for taking care of our loved one and truly appreciate your loving kindness. It takes the love of one’s job and people first to what they do and by the staff we had, they definitely showed that. Once again, thank you so much for everything. This STAR Award goes to everyone on our behalf.
Have a great weekend and GO DAWGS! Beat BAMA