Reminder: Open Enrollment ends Tuesday, November 17, 2015. Don’t Pay More for Medical Coverage! If you have not yet enrolled for 2016 benefits, log in to HCArewards.com and click on BConnected as soon as possible. Remember, if you do not make an active election and complete the Nicotine Use Affidavit, you will not receive the nicotine-free discount and you will pay $650 more for medical coverage in 2016. In addition, enrolling late means you may not receive your ID card by Jan. 1. If you have questions, call BConnected at 1-800-566-4114.
I have received several comments from night staff about Birthday with the Boss and their inability to attend. With that in mind, I will be scheduling once a month beginning in January “Breakfast with the Boss”. We will use this specifically for night shift to celebrate birthdays and to provide an open forum to keep all shifts engaged in improving our hospital. I am planning this on one Friday a month from 6:30 – 8:00am. We will continue Birthday with the Boss as we do now.
Last week we direct mailed to over 9,000 homes a flyer alerting people to take advantage of services we offer by using up their healthcare spending accounts or taking advantage of these while they have already met their deductibles for the year. We hope this will give us an extra push through the end of the year and allow us to continue the growth we have enjoyed so far this year.
Please check your healthstream accounts to be sure you have met all the requirements for your position within the deadlines. Everyone currently has an Information protection course named ‘Your identity depends on it” due by the end of the year. Currently only 32% have completed this assignment.
Get in the Holiday Spirit! If you are interested, please contact Kizzy Richardson at ext. 6390. Employees will be allowed to wear these shirts every Friday during the month of December and the entire week of Christmas.
Calling all bakers! The Holiday Taste of Northside is scheduled for November 19th. Please contact Kizzy Richardson or Liana Roberts for how to enter.
Next week, we will have our hospital wide Thanksgiving meal. We will serve lunch on November 19th from 11:00am – 2pm. We will deliver night shift meals at 8:30m the same day.
- This week was both Radiologic Technology Week and National Perioperative Nurses Week. Thanks to both groups unique roles in our care team! – Steve , Pat and Heath
- “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling, thanksgiving is the following of that impulse. I am grateful for all you have done and said during my stay at the hospital. For me, you went above and beyond the call of duty. For that I am thankful.” Patient – S.M.
- “My emergency at the Coliseum Northside Hospital gave me excellent care on 8/16/15. I cannot remember my room number at this time but everybody was so kind and compassionate towards me”. Patient – E.H.
- Kim Edwards critically thought through the nursing process when 2 post op patients needed Neuro Checks added to their interventions. Great catch! – Angela Lintz
- Hats off to the monitor techs who have improved our “time off telemetry” metric from 11 minutes to under 5 minutes which helps us keep out patients safe. – Steve Daugherty
- In case you missed it, you may want to read an unsolicited compliment of the care you provide in the Macon telegraph associated with our Leapfrog A rating: http://www.macon.com/opinion/readers-opinion/article44589126.html
Thanks for all you do for our patients and their families!