The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love and of generosity and of goodness. It illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than in things.
Thomas S. Monson
As I entered the building this morning I was amazed at your generosity to those less fortunate in our community. Every angel request from the Salvation Army’s Angel tree was granted by you! Many of you also donated canned goods so that someone may have a meal this holiday season. This demonstrates not only what you “give” to our patients everyday but that you recognize your ability to make an even bigger impact on the place we call home by these acts of generosity. One of the fondest memories of my Dad was him playing Santa in our home town which is about the size of Forsyth. I was home for Christmas from college one year and after playing Santa at the bank all day on the day before Christmas Eve my Dad said he needed to run an errand. So I jumped in the car with him and he drove up to a house that didn’t recognize, got out of the car and opened the trunk. He came back with a basketball and headed to the door of the house. My father had somehow found where a small boy lived that had made a request from Santa (my Dad) and knew the family didn’t have the money for Christmas presents. When the father came to the door my Dad told him this was from Santa for his son. My Dad was Santa- like as he stood six feet and three inches and was a jolly guy at 300lbs. As big as he was his heart was even bigger. Your generosity reminded me of this special moment with my Dad. Thanks for letting me share it with you.
Don’t forget our annual CNH Christmas Party is Monday, December 14 in the First Floor Conference Room from 5pm-8pm. We look forward to seeing you and your spouse/significant other joining us for some Christmas Cheer!
Since Football Fridays have wrapped up, you’re welcome to wear Holiday attire on
Fridays throughout the holiday season. As
always, scrub pants or dress pants should be worn in accordance with the dress code in your area. Happy Holidays!
Patient safety is always our focus. We know that strong safety values in a facility lead to better outcomes for our patients, and stronger patient satisfaction. As part of our 2016 Clinical Safety Improvement Program, we will be participating in the AHRQ Survey on Patient Safety Culture. All employees will be asked to complete the short, confidential survey between January 6, 2016 and February 4, 2016. This survey is designed to measure staff perceptions of patient safety and evaluate the impact of patient safety programs. Results of the survey will be used to identify strengths and areas for improvement. Please stay tuned for more information, and thank you in advance for your participation.
Many of you still have outstanding Healthstream courses that are due before 12/31/15. Please complete as soon as possible.
Important IT Update Coming to our PC’s: Northside will be getting the Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) upgrade Monday 12/14 at 5:30. This will only affect office computers and not the clinical genshare computers. Please make sure to save all data prior to leaving for the say as a computer reboot will occur. This excludes Administration and Accounting.
Thanks to the following department who participated in our Gingerbread House Contest:
- Radiology- Ginger Rads
- Quality- The Top Performers
- Lab- Bleeding Hearts
- ICU- ICU Bells
- ED- Lifesavers
- Admin- Northside Nutcrackers
- 3fl- 3rd Floor Jingles
- Advanced Clinicals- CPOE Builders
You can vote for your favorite online here! The winner will be announced on Monday at the Christmas Party.
Do you have an idea that may help address challenges we face every day across the organization? Enter it today for a chance to win the HCA Innovators Award. Corporate level winners receive a $10,000 cash payout! Full-time employees are eligible to enter ideas for the Innovators Award in three categories: Quality and Patient Safety, Service Excellence, and Financial Impact. This year, the Innovators Award program will coincide with the HCA Awards of Distinction, which includes the Frist Humanitarian Awards and Excellence in Nursing Awards. To be considered for the 2015 Awards of Distinction cycle, submit your Innovators Award ideas in the InnovationLink site by January 28, 2016. (Entries after this date will be considered for the 2016/2017 cycle – ALL ideas will be reviewed and judged regardless of the year in which you enter.)
Winners will be selected at the Facility, Division and Corporate levels throughout Q1 of 2016.
- Facility level Innovators Award winner in each category receives $1000.
- Division level Innovators Award winner in each category receives $2500.
- Corporate/national level Innovators Award winners receives $10,000 and the engraved “Tommy” award in the likeness of HCA co-founder Dr. Thomas F. Frist, Jr.
Please submit your ideas at the InnovationLink website at: www.hcainnovators.com
- Please welcome Mallory Smith to our CNH team. Mallory is Director of Provider Relations – Outreach and will be promoting our services to rural physicians, nursing facilities and critical access hospitals.
- “Angie, we appreciate everything you did for us while we were here. You have such a great personality and your kind words and understanding meant so much to us. We had a great stay here due to the wonderful care we received as you went above and beyond to make sure he was taken care of. May God bless you always!” Patient – L.K.
- “You were so understanding and went above and beyond to make sure that my son was taken care of. We both appreciate all you did to help him. Kindness means so much. You deserve nothing but the best and God bless you!” Patient’s family – D.K.
- “To the 3rd Floor Staff (especially Jennifer, Josh, Marsha, Sarah, Deb, Rasheeda, Eunice, Sabrina and Janelle – thank you so much for all you did working so hard Monday night. Great teamwork and I love my night shift crew!” Employee – Michelle Mosley, Night Shift supervisor.
- “April & Matt, thanks so much for all you did during my stay, I actually enjoyed my stay at Coliseum Northside. The nurses and tech are awesome. There is one special lady that took care of me and her name is April Grimes. She was very awesome.” Patient – W.P.
Thanks for the great care you provided our patients this week!