We know Spring is coming so we are all making plans to become more active and get into our “summer clothes”!
You have taken the first major step to become more active but what’s next?
Here are some tips for Heart-Healthy exercise success:
- Dress for success:
- wear comfortable shoes and loose-fitting clothes (if your feet hurt, it may not be the exercise, but time for new shoes!)
- Make the time:
- start slowly and build up to 30 minutes of activity
- schedule your activity time in your daily calendar just as you schedule doctor’s appointments, hair appointments, etc.
- Keep reasonable expectations for yourself and your exercise goals
- Look for chances to be more active all day, take the stairs at work, 1 up and 2 down. Push to increase the “up” number; park as far away as you can at the grocery store and walk
- Don’t get discouraged if you stop for a while. Get started again and gradually work you up to you old pace!
- Make it FUN!
- choose activities that are fun, not exhausting
- add variety
- invite family and friends
Visit www.heart.org/physicalactivity to learn more AND you can sign up to receive Healthy Living tips EVERY month!