It’s National Volunteer Week! Last week, we celebrated our CHS Volunteers a little early and held a nautical-themed “We’d be LOST Without You!” Luncheon in their honor at Healy Point Country Club. Our volunteers, staff, and administration were treated to a delicious lunch and serenaded by a (hilarious) Barber Shop Quartet (Heart of Georgia Quartet).
We honored all of our volunteers, but gave special recognition to volunteers who had earned at least 100 hours in 2015 (each of these volunteers received a pin to wear alongside their badge). Additionally, we honored volunteers with Longest Tenure, Most Hours in 2015, and Most Hours Overall. This years’ winners were:
Anna Eaton (Longest Tenure at CNH -22 Years), Susan Maddox (Longest Tenure at CMC – 22 Years), Lynda Stearns (Most Hours at CMC 2015), Ray Wilkes (Most Hours at CMC Overall), Joyce Norris (Most Hours at CNH 2015 AND Most Hours for CHS Overall! 7700 Hours!!!)
We also celebrated our volunteers with some “Senior Superlatives.” Winners included:
- Most Creative: Ann Couch
- Funniest: Fay Tyndal & Vonzelle Terrell
- Cutest Couple: Cynthia & David Mincey
- Most Likely to Travel the World: Pat Painter
- Most “Flexible”: Candy Brewer
- Most Likely to Be Wearing PINK: Shirley May
- Best Hair: Jacquia Hileman
- Miss Congeniality: Diana Fletcher
- Most Organized (and Best Speller): Evelyn Parker
- Most Likely to Brighten Someone’s Day: Peggy Zachman
So congratulations to ALL of our winners, and a resounding “THANK YOU” to all of our wonderful Volunteers at Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. Give them a smile and hug this week (and every week!).