Pokémon mania has hit Macon! Pokémon GO is a free-to-play location-based, augmented reality mobile game developed by Niantic for mobile devices. It was released in most regions of the world in July 2016. Making use of GPS and the camera of compatible devices, the game allows players to capture, battle, and train virtual creatures, called Pokémon, who appear on device screens as though in the real world. As it is location based, many business addresses are included in the game. We have chosen to have our location removed to prevent the interruption of business caused by large groups involved in the game for safety on our campus and to protect our patients’ privacy.
New/gently used books targeting 2 year olds – 5th graders welcome! Books collected will be used on a new “ER Book Cart” for children in the Pediatric ER and in a new “Reading Nook” area of the front lobby (for our littlest guests)! You can drop off books in the lobby from now through August 12. Need more info? firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
This week, we kicked-off our American Heart Association Heart Walk campaign! Every
year, teams walk for very different and personal reasons. This year, the CHS Teams will walk for a united personal reason- in honor of Dr. Todd Lang. We will walk in tribute of our CMO, our mentor, and our friend.
Our goal this year is $25,000 and to be successful, we will need: Every department to be represented by a Team Captain. A dedicated team with common goals of raising money for the American Heart Association and wanting to have some fun! The walk will be held in October so we have plenty of time to hit our goal and have some fun along the way.
As everyone is aware, evidenced based clinical documentation (EBCD) is coming to CNH on August 4th for a preview. I am so excited that we are part of this incredible CHANGE that is coming for our Nursing Staff. I know that many people cringe at the word change, but this is being driven with one specific goal in mind, to provide better care for our patients! How? By giving you time back to spend with your patients. How can documentation do that? Well, come to our Preview Day and find out!
MyHealthOne is now live at Coliseum Northside Hospital! What is MyHealthOne? Our secure, personalized online environment that connects patients and caregivers to helpful tools and personal health records through local facility websites. MyHealthOne represents a significant transformation of our existing MEDITECH patient portal, and will create an industry-leading digital experience for patients with enhanced functionality and a user interface that’s simple and visually appealing. What changed?
- For patients, we’ve changed the name of MEDITECH patient portal to MyHealthOne
- Only the patient experience changed; there is no change to how clinicians view and enter information
- Find A Doctor, Make An Appointment, and Classes and Events are now together on MyHealthOne, along with clinical information
- Redesigned screens create a more user-friendly experience
- Users can now create a profile, which lets them view a personalized history and health information
For more information, please visit our website at www.coliseumhealthsystem.com
Next week we are the site for the Bragg Jam kick-off event! Since 1987, The Grapevine has electrified audiences across Georgia, becoming one of the most popular party bands for corporate events, conventions, wedding receptions and other special events. In 2000, The Grapevine received the prestigious “Band of the Year” Award, awarded by the Atlanta Society of Entertainers. The celebration of the band’s 20th Anniversary was recently featured in Macon Magazine. Based in Macon, Georgia, but entertaining crowds across the southeast, The Grapevine is the total party experience. The unbeatable selection of music and the interaction with the crowd… This and so much more brings crowds back time after time. So whether it is date night, family night, or your birthday, this will be the hottest ticket in Macon next Thursday from 7-9pm on the CNH lawn! Come out and enjoy a great evening of music.
The new lounge is almost complete. We have received the furniture, one vending machine and the tablets for this great new space. We will be announcing a ribbon-cutting and the new name shortly. Thanks to all whose creativity and hard work brought this to CNH!
We have displaced our physicians for the next 3-4 weeks while we renovate the Physicians’ Lounge, circa 1985. HIM has made a space for them until the construction is complete. Stay tuned as we provide photo progress of this space for our physicians.
We are now halfway through 2016 and on another record year for CNH. Our admissions are +14%, Surgery +4%, ED +18%! Enjoy the success you are creating for your hospital! Your commitment to excellence in patient care and experience is driving our growth. Every patient, every day, every time!
- “Kimberly Hill (PASA), Stephanie Pitts (PASA), Ivey Benson (Pre-Op Nurse), Dennis Plasters (Day Hospital), Tina Rials-Brack (PACU), Ray Seabrooks (OR) – These particular employees along with other wonderful caring people crossed my path to assist and care for me during my time of need. I had hoped I would remember all the names. They went above and beyond to take care of me while I was at Coliseum Northside Hospital, and I thank and love all of you.” Patient – D.J.
- “The anesthesia tech was working upstairs and a patient became distressed in the first floor OR. Larry was quick to respond with the crash cart and assist anesthesia and the rest of the team with their needs. Larry is able to see the ‘big picture’ rather quickly.”Interim OR Director – Amanda Brandon
- “All of the registrars, nurses, CNAs & housekeeping staff were considerate, professional and friendly. Especially Topaz Spivey, Jennifer Reynolds, Kim Hill, Tamika Grable, Erica Clowers, Bert Henley. The 2nd floor gals were off the chain and work like no tomorrow! Be proud of them and God bless y’all”. Patient – W.K.
- “David Anderson volunteered to stay after 6 pm after his call time was complete for continuity of care for the patient. He stayed until 8:30 pm at night and managed to still arrive early to work the following day at 6 am. Thank you to David!” Interim OR Director – Amanda Brandon
- “Tasha (Parallon) , Tiffany Blount, Bill Bond, Saletha Gorley, Jamie & Angela (Housekeeping) – these employees were very good and extremely helpful with a great bedside manner. Best hospital stay ever!” Patient – P. C.
Thanks for a great first half of 2016! Let’s build on our success!