I am headed out this weekend to visit my grandson, Rylie, in NYC; it looks like the weather is the same there as it is here in Georgia! While we got off to a slow start this month, it has accelerated this week, and we are almost back to what we projected for August. We continue to have strong performance across all areas: Quality/Safety (4 Stars!), increased volume (ED, Surgery and Medicine) and Patient Experience. It is an exciting time here at CNH with the growth and new projects we have in process. Thanks for making CNH a great place to heal!
I hope you all enjoyed the Taco Truck/King of Pops and the unveiling of the Bits & Bytes Café. We continue to look for ways to celebrate our success and recognize you as the driving force in the advancement of our hospital.
Dr. Raquel DeGuzman has been named Medical Director for the EmCare Hospitalists program. We have already met and discussed how we can collaborate as a care team and continue to improve the care and practice of evidenced based medicine and nursing care here at CNH. Please welcome her back as you see her in your areas!
Dr. Tim Grant will be joining us soon as our new CMO. Dr. Grant worked and resided in Macon with his family for many years. We are pleased to add someone with such great market and medical staff knowledge to our executive team. We will introduce him formally when he begins in late September or October.
Your Directors have submitted the employee survey actions plans that they developed with your feedback from the survey. We are reviewing those now to make sure the actions included are measurable. These plans will be reviewed each month at our Directors’ meeting and your department Stoplight reports should show these items and your progress each month. I look forward to the improvements these plans will make in our hospital.
I am also working through the physician survey report with our medical staff. We will present the full survey at our general medical staff meeting on September 8th. Their input and engagement is critical to advancing our hospital and its services.
- “To say that today was challenging for us all would be an understatement. However, two people deserve to be recognized for how great they were to us during our visit to Coliseum Northside. Kirk for always being where he is needed without being asked and also Rusty for always responding as the calmest charge nurse and acting happy to help. You guys ROCK!” Patient – M.L.
- “Lana, thank you so much for helping us last night while we were so busy, we all thank you”. Night Shift – Emergency Department
- “Elaine Vaughn was very professional and is relaxed and caring. She made it a comfortable environment for me.” Patient – N. M.
- “Kirk and Adam – thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate your hard work on 8/9/16 and keeping so many ER orders completed in the back, in triage and in SW!” Employee – anonymous
- “Jill, thank you for being so patient with my dad. I appreciate how good you are with him. Thank you for all your hard work!” Patient’s daughter – H. J.
- “A special shout out and thank you to Topaz, Trella & Darcell for the exceptional care and compassion they gave to my aunt during her recent stay at Coliseum Northside Hospital. Also to Kizzy for answering all my questions. A true group of shining stars!” Patient – M. A.