Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.
Henry Van Dyke
I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels for those leaving Macon to visit family. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to lead such a wonderful group of caregivers here at Coliseum Northside Hospital. We have so much to be thankful for this year and I want you to know how grateful we are to each of you that makes this hospital so special to our patients, physicians and each of us.
The year-end brings many transitions and this year is no exception. Heath King, our CFO, is departing to share his talents at Orange Park in Florida. I am thankful to have had his financial knowledge, strategic thinking and friendship. He has been a tremendous force in the growth of our hospital and helped us advocate for the additions to our services that led to that growth.
I will also be transitioning to interim CEO with Lance Jones’ departure to StoneCrest Hospital in our HCA Capital Division. It will bring a new set of challenges for me as I balance my time to support the strategic initiatives for both Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. I am thankful to have Pat, Bridget, Todd, Amy, Louise, and Robin to make sure we execute on the strategies already begun and those we have lined up for 2017!
I hope each of you takes stock of those things you are thankful for this year. I hope that you share some quality family time during this holiday to let them know how thankful you are for them and their support. None of us can do what we do without our families at home and at work.
Here are some thanks from our patients:
- “Teonshe Moody, thanks for comforting me with your talks about how great this hospital is and how I was in good hands after I told you of my family members who passed during and after surgery. Thanks for your life talks. Don’t ever stop pursuing your dream to be a registered nurse. Your spirit and positive outlook on life is inspiring. God bless you and your family.” Patient – T. D.
- “Katie Aldridge, thanks for your positive upbeat and bubbly spirit. Your talks with me and your outlook on life really helped me. May your outlook on life continue as you venture into motherhood. God bless.” Patient – T.D.
- “Shawn Holton went above and beyond during my time at Coliseum Northside.” Patient – D. L.
- “Janice Bradley displayed superior customer service. She is very diligent and conscientious and kind. She is also very professional in obtaining the appropriate information for pre-op. Coliseum Northside is indeed fortunate to have such a wonderful employee in Janice.” Patient – E. L.
- “I want to thank the following people for your caring and pure hearts in my recovery, you were all awesome people and God Bless you: Rasheedah, Holly, Martha, Sheila, April, Misty, Taffy, Fay, Gail, Nancy, Patrick, Brittany, & Kim”. Patient – C. S.
- “Kim & Martha were absolutely wonderful during my stay at Coliseum Northside. Everyone here is great!” Patient – M.J.