The month of November was another great month of patient care at Coliseum Northside Hospital! We finished with over 260 admissions, 3,000 ER visits and 260 surgeries. 2016 has been a great year thanks to the compassionate care you deliver to our patients. The future is bright for CNH, and I look forward to more great things in 2017.
Last night we held our last Medical Executive Committee meeting and Medical Staff meeting for 2016. I have had the pleasure of working with Dr. Janine Ellis for the last 2 years as President of the Medical Staff. She has worked tirelessly with the physicians to make Northside a great place for patients to receive care and for physicians to practice. Beginning in January, Dr. Wood Pope begins as our new President of the Medical Staff and Dr. Sam Robinson will serve as President-elect. Please congratulate them as they take on these important roles.
Thanks to everyone who is participating in the Angel Tree again this year. Because of your kindness, many children will have a few things to open and celebrate this holiday season. Your willingness to extend your compassion beyond your own families demonstrates the values of everyone here at CNH.
Next Tuesday, December 13th, we will be serving our annual holiday meal. We look forward to seeing everyone before we all get tied up in holiday parties, travel and other family traditions during Christmas and New Year’s. It is another opportunity for us to say thank you for the care your provide to our patients.
Attention Nurses: We’re offering a new HCA RN Experience survey to get your feedback more frequently, and use it to shape the RN Experience at Coliseum Northside Hospital. It’s a 10-question, online survey specifically for RNs. The survey ends December 16 so please provide us your feedback before the survey closes. Contact your Director or HR if you need help logging on to the survey.
- “Toni Fabrizio & Bert Henley are two nurses that are very nice and compassionate.” Patient – K.S.
- “Consuelo, thank you for all your help and your attention. You are just the best and we love you!” Patient – R.F.
- “Elaine Vaughn is a very good employee. She is very kind and she dealt with me, which isn’t easy during this difficult time, but through it all she kept me calm and used a calming voice while assisting me and treating me with nothing but love and respect. She went above and beyond and we can’t thank her enough.” Patient – P.Y.
- “Darcell always came to my room ASAP. She got to us very quick when nurse Kim took me to the restroom and ended up having to do it alone. Thanks so much!” Patient – C.B.
- “Toensha (CNA) is always cheerful and helpful. She is very cordial and pleasant. Always came in with a smile on her fact and a good attitude.” Patient – O.C.
- “Please love each other and think of me and smile! Thanks so much to the entire 3rd floor staff for all the help during my hospital stay. Who would have thought being in the hospital would have been such a wonderful experience.” Paitent – D.M.
- “Sheila was very professional and helpful. She and Salathiel were very nice and very thorough!” Patient – D. J.
- “Teonshe Moody, thanks for comforting me with your talks about how great this hospital is and how I was in good hands after I told you of my family members who passed during and after surgery. Thanks for your life talks. Don’t ever stop pursuing your dream to be a registered nurse. Your spirit and positive outlook on life is inspiring. God bless you and your family.” Patient – T. D.
- “Katie Aldridge, thanks for your positive upbeat and bubbly spirit. Your talks with me and your outlook on life really helped me. May your outlook on life continue as you venture into motherhood. God bless.” Patient – T.D.
- “Shawn Holton went above and beyond during my time at Coliseum Northside.” Patient – D. L.
- “Janice Bradley displayed superior customer service. She is very diligent and conscientious and kind. She is also very professional in obtaining the appropriate information for pre-op. Coliseum Northside is indeed fortunate to have such a wonderful employee in Janice.” Patient – E. L.
- “I want to thank the following people for your caring and pure hearts in my recovery, you were all awesome people and God Bless you: Rasheedah, Holly, Martha, Sheila, April, Misty, Taffy, Fay, Gail, Nancy, Patrick, Brittany, & Kim”. Patient – C. S.
- “Kim & Martha were absolutely wonderful during my stay at Coliseum Northside. Everyone here is great!” Patient – M.J.
Enjoy this holiday season with your family and friends!