Happy Friday, Coliseum Northside Team!
We are excited that our Tele-Intensivist Program has begun and I have received positive reports from Jamie and others about the quality and proficiency of the providers and how promising this program is to help us care for more patients at Coliseum Northside. Stay tuned as our robot gets a name next Friday (10/6)! Have an idea for what we should name our new Tele-Intensivist Robot? Submit your idea here! Speaking of robots – our new surgical robot has arrived and is in the process of being modified for our use. The OR team is currently receiving their training and are excited to get the robot up and running sometime in October!
Our Pet Therapy program continues to grow – this week we added Tripp to the team. He is a 167 pound German shepherd, but everyone says he is a gentle giant. If you would like to find out more about this program, please contact Patti Jones.
The Coliseum Northside team has surpassed our expectations for your generous giving to United Way! The latest information shows that as a team we have pledged $18,762.38, which surpasses our goal. Remember that the United Way of Central Georgia has 34 partner organizations that will be helped by your donations. There is still one week to go in this campaign, so please consider giving today if you have not yet done so!
Don’t forget about the Coliseum Classic Cruisin’ this Saturday, September 30th from 10 AM to 2 PM at CMC. This will be a great event to help Put the Brakes on Prostate Cancer!
It is already week 5 of the college football season, but the inaugural week of Greg’s Football Challenge. I am going to go head-to-head with our own Amy Stokes to predict the outcomes of some of this week’s games. Here goes!
GREG’S FOOTBALL CHALLENGE – WEEK 1:
- Georgia @ Tennessee – Amy picks Georgia to win, and of course, so do I. Go Dawgs!!
- South Carolina @ Texas A & M – Amy and I both pick Texas A&M. I think home field advantage at College Station will win this one for the Aggies.
- Mississippi State @ Auburn – Amy and I both pick Auburn. I’m afraid Mississippi State still has Georgia on their minds.
- Ole Miss @ Alabama – Amy and I both pick Alabama. Ole Miss has been the Tide’s nemesis a few times in recent years, but not this year.
- Vanderbilt @ Florida – Amy picks Florida. I had to really think about it, but I am going to pick the Gators as well.
- Clemson @ Virginia Tech – Finally a game in which we disagree! Amy picks Clemson, I am picking Virginia Tech. I think they may be a dark horse this year.
- USC @ Washington State – Amy picks Washington State, and I pick USC. (Does anyone around here really care about this one?)
- Buffalo Bills @ Atlanta Falcons – Amy and I both pick the Falcons.
And for our tie-breaker: predicting the score of Eastern Michigan at Kentucky.
Amy says Eastern Michigan 14, Kentucky 31. I say Eastern Michigan 7, Kentucky 34.
If you would like to join in Greg’s Football Challenge in coming weeks, please submit your name to Amy Stokes for a chance to play.
Have a great weekend!