Happy Friday Coliseum Northside Team!
Thanks to everyone who helped with the Trunk or Treat in our parking lot on Thursday. We had some really creative trunks and costumes and I saw a lot of little princesses, superheroes, and ninja turtles who were having a great time! Thanks for helping them enjoy a fun night.
In 1983, President Ronald Reagan declared this week to be National Respiratory Care Week. Be sure to thank your colleagues in Respiratory Therapy for the excellent work they do and the specialized training they have received to improve lung health for our patients. Thank you for your hard work and dedication!
It’s time to enroll in 2018 Benefits! Be sure to set aside some time on November 2nd from 7am-3pm to stop by the CNH 1st Floor Classroom and get information about 2018 benefits. Our Human Resources team and others will be there to answer your questions.
Everybody could use some Good News, right? Come join us for a Good News Break on November 1st in the 1st Floor Conference Room at 3:00 to celebrate some good news about Coliseum Northside. There will be cake and punch and I will make a few comments about your accomplishments at about 3:10. Come join us!
Great STAR award from a recent patient on the 3rd floor:
“To Tammy for her nurturing, warm care. To Salathiel whose smile and laughter raised my endorphins and made me feel better with each visit. To Teonsha for her quiet confidence which always made me relax. To Debbie, who came to my rescue . . . To Marlana who calmed me . . . To Mirage for his sense of humor. To Veronica – sweet! To Blair for her outstanding professionalism. . . To Jainie, Trey and Ms. Kay for keeping me straight and Tom for keeping me comfortable and confident I was always on the right track. Special thanks to the Food and Nutrition staff who always made me feel special! Many thanks to the PT and OT staff for literally getting me on my feet and ready to become more independent. As always, Dr. Holliday is my superhero! This was my best experience yet!” Wow! This is what I call teamwork, when so many people join together to make a patient’s painful and difficult experience of surgery and recovery such a great experience! Thank you!
Okay, my pride is a little bruised. Rhonda was able to pull out a win last week by taking the only game that we disagreed on. But I feel confident this week, I will be going up against Brandy Vann who is a big Florida fan!
- Georgia vs. Florida – Wow! The biggest rivalry game of the season for both teams. Brandy is going with her heart and picking the Gators to win. I am (of course) going to pick my Bulldogs who I know have been incredibly focused on this game. Go Dawgs!
- Arkansas @ Ole Miss – Two teams with some adversity, but Brandy and I both think that Arkansas will pull out a win.
- Tennessee @ KY – Again, two teams going in the wrong direction lately. Brandy picks Kentucky. I am going to pick Tennessee.
- Mississippi State @ Texas A&M – Both of us pick Texas A & M
- Vanderbilt @ South Carolina – This will probably be no contest – we both pick South Carolina
- Penn State @ Ohio State – A game with national championship implications. Brandy and I both pick Penn State
- Georgia Tech @ Clemson – Sorry Lindsey, Brandy and I both pick Clemson to win.
- Oklahoma State @ West Virginia – We both pick Oklahoma State.
- Falcons @ Jets – Falcons need a win and Brandy and I both think they will get one this week versus the Jets.
For the tie-breaker, I say Washington 38, UCLA 10. Brandy says Washington 41, UCLA 23.
Have a great weekend!