Hello, Coliseum Northside Team!
I hope that you have seen some of my communications recently about our 12 Week focus on Service Behaviors. (Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4)You have also been discussing these topics in your daily huddles. As you are aware, one area of primary focus for us is “Patient Experience”. These Service Behaviors are intended to encourage a very intentional focus on certain behaviors each week. Week 1 was “Making a Personal Connection.” Week 2 was “First Impressions Matter.” Week 3 was “Managing Up Yourself & Others.” And this week has been “Taking Pride in Our Environment.” Thank you for your continue attention to making each patient’s experience “Excellent” each and every day. The re-focused efforts are working – the ER is currently at the 95th percentile in Patient Experience for the 3rd Quarter! Keep up the good work!
Have you heard about our latest award? Coliseum Northside was awarded “Gold Status” by the Georgia Department of Public Health for Antibiotic Stewardship! Only 7 hospitals in Georgia have been given this honor. Congratulations to our team for this great accomplishment!
We are also very excited to have recently received re-accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. Our “Code S” Stations were recognized as a Best Practice and will be published on the Joint Commission web site. Congratulations to our team!
What’s New in Technology at CNH? Plenty!
- We have begun the process of implementation of iMobile. This is an exciting new technology that will transform care coordination within our hospital by leveraging smart phone technology for the entire care team. Our go-live is set for December 4th. More to come!
- LiveSafe is now live at CNH. Download the app now and take advantage of the benefits that will make this a safer environment.
- The 2nd floor and Emergency Department nurse call system is in the process of being upgraded. We know that the reliability of the old system has been a significant issue and we are excited to bring these important systems up to speed!
- Replacement of Room 2 in Diagnostic Imaging is now underway and will be completed by late October.
- We have also recently gotten approval to purchase a new electric drill set to support our spine surgeons, a new C-arm, a new microscope for surgery, a Hana table for orthopedic cases, and an endo video system. Many thanks to the National Group leadership for their support!
The American Heart Association Heart Walk is coming soon. Please consider joining a team HERE and help raise money to support the many initiatives that the AHA sponsors to support caregivers and fight heart disease!
The annual Code of Conduct refresher training is due to be completed by the end of this week. If you have not yet completed this training, do so today. (Those who haven’t completed will be unable to work after 9/1/2018)
The past few mornings have felt a little bit like autumn in Macon. That must mean that football season is right around the corner. If any of you are interested in taking me up on my weekly Football Challenge of predicting winners for selected games, let Amy Stokes know. The first games (of importance) start on 9/1. Some of the first weekend openers are Michigan at Notre Dame, Washington at Auburn, and Miami at LSU. And of course, the most important one of all – Austin Peay at UGA! Let’s have some fun!
I know that all of you face challenges every day, and I appreciate that you take care of our patients and each other with enthusiasm and dedication. Thank you for what you do every day!