Happy Friday Coliseum Northside Team!
I hope that many of you will get to enjoy the upcoming holiday weekend and have some fun activities planned with your family. It is also the first weekend of college football (but more about that later).
The American Heart Association Heart Walk is coming up soon! (9/13) There are several CHS teams that are participating who need your support. My team is called the Dawg Walkers (of course) and we would love to have your support. Please consider joining a team HERE and help us raise money to support the many initiatives that the AHA sponsors to support caregivers and fight heart disease! To order a Heart Walk T-Shirt (before September 6), go HERE.
The 2018 Code of Conduct Refresher training deadline has been extended to September 16. If you have not yet completed this, please do so today!
The first official rankings for HCA for Press Ganey scores for the 3rd quarter have come out this week. CNH is currently # 1 in the South Atlantic Division on HCAHPS as well as ER Patient Experience. As a matter of fact, our current ER performance is #4 in the entire company. Way to go everyone and keep up the good work! We want to continue this success and finish the quarter on top!
The response across the hospital to the Weekly Service Behaviors has been very encouraging to me (and a major part of the performance mentioned above)! As a recap, the first four week’s themes have been: Week 1 – Making a Personal Connection, Week 2 – First Impressions Matter, Week 3 – Managing Up Self and Others, and Week 4 – Taking Pride in Our Environment. I know that many of you have come up with creative ways to put a focus on these behaviors over the past four weeks. As a sneak peek – the Week 5 Theme is “Empathy and Compassion Make a Difference”. More to come later today!
Now, for Greg’s Football Challenge – my Week 1 opponent is Scott Anderton, CHS Chief Financial Officer.
- West Virginia vs. Tennessee – Scott chooses WV in this game. I actually root for Tennessee sometimes (due to fans in the family), but I agree with Scott and think that WV has one of the top five quarterbacks in the country and will win.
- Washington vs. Auburn – Scott chooses Washington. I also pick Washington, I think Auburn has too much to replace from last season on offense.
- Michigan vs. Notre Dame – Scott chooses Notre Dame. I think that with the addition of Shea Patterson at quarterback, Michigan will prevail.
- Miami vs. LSU – Scott chooses Miami. I think this one is almost a toss-up, but I am going to go with LSU on the strength of their defense.
- VT vs. FSU – Scott chooses Virginia Tech and so do I. The loss of Jimbo Fisher is going to affect FSU in 2018.
- Austin Peay @ Georgia – This is the game of the week of course! Scott chooses UGA and so do I. Go Dawgs!
- Louisville @ Alabama – Scott is a Bama fan and chooses them to win their opener. I also choose Alabama in a game that won’t be close.
And the tie breaker game is Coastal Carolina @ South Carolina. Scott picks South Carolina by a score of 42-14. I also pick South Carolina by a score of 56-7.
Have a great Labor Day Weekend! Thank you for what you do every day for our patients!