Coliseum Health System continues preparations for Hurricane Michael. According to the latest weather report, central Georgia is expected to have tropical storm force winds for a sustained period of time beginning late Wednesday evening.
- At this point, we are preparing to cancel elective surgeries and elective services on Thursday, October 11; all other hospital services will remain open.
- On Wednesday, October 10, night shift will report to their regular area at their normally scheduled time. Please be prepared to stay beyond your shift should the weather not permit travel.
- Thursday, October 11, all clinical day shift please be prepared to report to your shift at your normally scheduled time unless notified otherwise. Please continue to check the Coliseum blog or call our emergency phone line (478-751- 0216) regularly for timely updates as we monitor the weather. You may also check with your supervisor if you are unsure of changes in the schedule. IF you believe you may have an issue reporting to duty on Thursday am, we can offer a limited number of beds, which will be prioritized for direct care providers. Again, please communicate with your supervisor if you have this need.
- Non-essential staff, please check with your directors for your schedule and weather plans.
- Please make sure your supervisor has your current phone number and is able to reach you throughout this weather event.
- As the storm approaches and the circumstances of its impact become more certain, additional plans may be implemented; please continue to check our blog or phone line to receive important and timely information about the hospitals’ plans and actions.
- Please take the opportunity now to review your own plans for your family and what arrangements you will need to make and have in place should it become necessary.
Thanks as always for the care and service you provide to our patients and the community.