Hurricane Michael Update: Hurricane Michael has strengthened, and is now a very powerful category 4 hurricane with winds of 145 mph. After landfall, Michael will track directly over central Georgia Wednesday night into Thursday morning. The outer bands of Michael will reach central Georgia this afternoon. In these outermost bands, strong winds, heavy rain, and a few isolated tornadoes will be possible. The worst weather will arrive Wednesday night into Thursday morning as the center of Michael moves through. The primary threat will be tropical storm force winds, which are likely for most of our area. It is a good idea to make sure all of your devices are charged, you have flashlights and batteries, as power outages are likely.
The following is important information all employees need to know:
- Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital have cancelled elective surgeries and services on Thursday, 10/11; all other hospital services will remain open.
- The employee shuttle at CMC will not be operating between 9 pm tonight and 6am tomorrow when we are expecting tropical storm force winds.
- At CMC, the main entrances and the Emergency room entrance will be the ONLY entrances open after 9:00 pm tonight. At CNH, the Emergency room entrance will be the ONLY entrance open after 9:00 pm tonight .All staff and visitors will need to enter these entrances.
- For all internal issues, please contact the Incident Command Center at Coliseum Medical Centers (478)751-0347 and at Coliseum Northside Hospital (478)757-6444.
- Please do not use the switchboard to contact other departments within the hospital, as they will be fielding calls from the outside. Use the internal phone list on Insight and posted in your department.
- Tonight, Wednesday, October 10, night shift will report to their regular area at their normally scheduled time. We will be extending the night shift until 9 am Thursday to allow the tropical storm winds to pass so it is safe for you to travel home and the day shift to travel into work.
- We will be serving a meal for the night shift between 11pm-1am!
- Thursday, October 11, all clinical day shift will report to your shift at 9:00 am unless notified otherwise. Please communicate with your supervisor if you need overnight accommodations tonight.
- Non-essential staff, we will be on holiday staffing and we ask that you do not come in unless otherwise directed by your supervisor.
Please check this blog or our emergency phone line (478-751- 0216) regularly for timely updates as we monitor the weather. Please make sure your supervisor has your current phone number and is able to reach you throughout this weather event.
Thanks as always for the care and service you provide to our patients and the community.