Happy Friday Coliseum Northside Team!
I hope that you have seen my service behaviors e-mails that I have sent out each week for the last 11 weeks. These messages have been intended to remind us all of some of the important ways that we can interact better with each other and with patients and visitors that are on our campus. It is clear that the things you have been doing during the 3rd quarter have helped Coliseum Northside to rise to the top of our division in our Patient Experience Performance.
For the 3rd Quarter, Coliseum Northside was # 2 in the South Atlantic Division in Inpatient Patient Experience, # 1 in ER, # 1 in Outpatient Surgery, and # 1 in Test and Treatment! This is outstanding performance and is a testament to the good work going on in every department! Thank you for what you do every day for our patients!
Did you know that Michael Smith was awarded the October Employee of the Month? Michael was recognized for his strong work ethic and his willingness to help out in any and all situations. Please congratulate Michael!
This week is National Healthcare Facilities and Engineering Week and National Respiratory Care week AND National Pharmacy Week! Please take a minute to thank our dedicated team members for these functions that provide vital support to our patients and staff. Thank you!
Don’t forget: Trunk or Treat at CNH will be Monday, October 29th from 5:00-7:00. I’m looking forward to seeing all the kids and their costumes!
We are looking for a few good men and women! Spread the word that we are hosting an RN Interview Day on November 14th. And remember that there is a referral bonus if you refer an RN that we hire.
Congratulations to Dr. Mickey Bansal for being named our Assistant Chief Medical Officer. Dr. Bansal will focus his efforts on CNH as we continue to move our Clinical Excellence agenda forward. Congratulations Dr. Bansal!
In 1988, President Ronald Reagan declared October Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. As someone who has personally suffered a stillborn grandchild, I am keenly aware of the grief associated with that kind of loss. If you know someone who has suffered this kind of tragedy, please reach out to them to let them know you are thinking of them.
Don’t forget that Fridays are Denim and Jersey Days during the football season. Wear your team’s colors proudly!
Greg’s Football Challenge:
So, this is the week of the big Georgia-Florida rivalry game – I absolutely have to go up against Brandy Vann, our notorious Gator fan!
Here are our picks:
- UGA vs. Florida – True to form, Brandy picks the Gators and I pick the Dawgs. This should be a great game since it is the first time in decades both teams are ranked in the top 10. Go Dawgs!!
- Kentucky @ Missouri – Brandy picks Kentucky. This is a close call, but I am going to go with Mizzou since they are at home and have such an explosive passing game.
- Texas A & M @ Mississippi State – Brandy picks Texas A & M and I am going to pick them, too. This could be another close game.
- Texas @ Oklahoma State – Brandy picks Texas and I will go with the Longhorns as well.
- Washington State @ Stanford – Brandy picks Stanford. I am not as familiar with the west coast teams, but I will also pick Stanford due to home field advantage.
- Tie breaker: Tennessee @ South Carolina – Brandy says South Carolina 34, Tennessee 28. I am going to pick Tennessee in this one by a score of 31-24.
Have a great weekend!