As the weather turns warmer and the days get longer, you may want to soak up the sun as you stroll to your destination. Information Protection & Security wants you to stay safe and alert, especially when in a parking lot! Check out the quick video above for info on how to use the “SafeWalk” feature of the (free) LiveSafe App!
Remember, you can always use LiveSafe to report suspicious activity at Coliseum…
AND at Coliseum Northside!
WHAT TO KNOW, WHAT TO DO
- If you see something suspicious, say something! No matter where you are or what you’re doing, if something seems odd – tell someone. At work, you can report it to local security or via the LiveSafe app on your phone (if applicable), or tell your supervisor.
- Pay attention when walking to and from your vehicle. Parking lots are an easy place for criminals to hide.
- Put your phone down. Even a “hands-free” phone call can distract you.
- Take your earbuds out. You may not be able to hear a honk or a shout, and people may not be able to tell you’re wearing earbuds.
- Move with purpose directly to your vehicle.
- Park smart.
- Park in a well-lit area. Even if you’re arriving during the day, you may leave later than anticipated and the light is a deterrent to criminals.
- If you see someone suspicious in a parking lot or garage, don’t park your car – go elsewhere.
- Lock your doors. Always lock your car after you park. It’s a good idea to keep it locked while driving, too.
- Remove all valuables before you get to your destination. For example, if you’re leaving the hospital and heading straight to dinner, put your computer bag in your trunk before leaving work. Never leave your computer, phone, or other high-dollar item on display in an unattended car – even when parked at your own home.
- Be a cautious driver. Slow down and watch for pedestrians.